Friday, February 4, 2011

Paranormal Activities

horror

This is my first review post. As most, it shall be brief. Spoilers? Probably, but vague.

Paranormal Activity

The first one was unique. Bad ghost, possessive ghost. Video. Night vision. Seeming reality format. Mildly interesting.

Jump factor peak: 6/10

Jump factor bleed: 8 sec.

Staying power: 1/10

Notable viewing quotes:

Me: "Wake me up when 'Ghost Hunters' is over."

Daughter: "Really? That's the end?"

Analysis:

Not impressed or scared. The Blair Witch Project worked harder to build up more fear and uncertainty and freaked me out with a little staying power that broke me of the genre. No one should ever discuss BWP's sequel which makes film weep for its suck factor.


Paranormal Activity 2

I acquiesced to my daughter's plea that someone said the second one was better than the first. I cringed when I read a review saying of the first "Some got it and liked it, others didn't and hated it." I got it. Fully. And even appreciated it. But I did not like it.

The second one: not unique. Bad ghost, possessive ghost. Video. Night vision. Seeming reality format. Mildly interesting. Tie-in to the first.

**SPOILER INFORMATION HERE**
Seriously, you've got what must be a $15,000 security setup that records every damn thing going on -- we're seeing the movie, often through the eyes of the security camera -- and yet you rarely check the recorded feed! You blame people for things and never check it. You call people delusional and never check it. WTF?!
**END SPOILER INFO**

Jump factor peak: 3/10

Jump factor bleed: 20 sec.

Staying power: 0.5/10

Notable viewing quotes:

Me: "Wake me up when 'Ghost Hunters' is over. Hehe."

Daughter: "Really? That's the end? FAIL."

(Seriously, similar responses)

Analysis:

Reading that this was better than #1 raised my hopes. It was a farther fall when I experienced the writing stupidity in the movie. What was supposed to be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment